What if someone offered to pay you $10,000 to move to their city and work remotely? It sounds strange, but Tulsa actually offers this program to bring in more revenue and activity in the city, helping it grow.
The Tulsa Remote Program literally tries to bring more remote workers into Tulsa. The George Kaiser Family Foundation currently funds the grant, which offers $10,000 per recipient which they give to eligible remote workers that don’t live in Oklahoma. Other city officials help support the program as well, creating a sense of community throughout the city.
What are the Benefits?
Aside from a $10,000 grant, which doesn’t need to be repaid, participants receive a few other benefits:
- One-year membership to a co-working space in Tulsa
- Help locating housing
- Various community-building supports
The Tulsa Remote program includes incredible community building programs and networking events that help you get your business up and running. Who knows what opportunities are out there for you that you didn’t know about before?
Who is Eligible?
In order to be eligible for the Tulsa Remote Program, you must meet the following:
- You must be able to move to Tulsa within six months or less
- You already work remotely or are self-employed
- You are at least 18 years old
- You can legally work in the United States
Each interested candidate must complete an application, which the Tulsa Remote team reviews. They then conduct video interviews with the finalists, although some interviews are conducted in person if the applicant hasn’t been to Tulsa before.
Reasons to Live in Tulsa
If you’ve never been to Tulsa, you may wonder if it’s worth the excitement the Tulsa Remote Program promotes. But if you love a small-town feeling with welcoming residents, little traffic, and plenty of recreational activity, you’ll love Tulsa.
Here are more reasons to move to Tulsa:
- Perfect for families – The low cost of living, great schools, and affordable houses make Tulsa a great place to settle with your family.
- Everyone is respectful – If you’ve been to big cities and dealt with cold people, you know the feeling. Tulsa is the complete opposite. Everyone is friendly, serious about their faith, and fierce about helping one another.
- Job opportunities are plentiful – If another member of your family doesn’t work remotely, they may be concerned about finding a job. Tulsa has numerous job opportunities for people in all professions, making it easy for everyone to find their place.
- Plenty of outdoor recreation – If you love the outdoors, you’ll love Tulsa. From hiking and fishing to horseback riding, bicycling, and running there is something for everyone that loves the outdoors in Tulsa.
If you’re looking for a change and you work remotely, consider the Tulsa grant to move. It doesn’t get any better than someone paying you to move – you get benefits, support, and financial aid to help you start your new life.